Cashew Pork Stir Fry
Here is another easy week night Chinese - American Take- out dish!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
For the Marinade
- 1/4 c soy sauce buy soy sauce made with soy only (tamari). Cheaper brands contain wheat!!!
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
For stir fry
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 cup Carrots sliced
- 1 c Celery sliced
- 1/2 c green onion sliced into about 1" pieces
- 1.5 c snow peas
- 2 c baby bok choy
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil (Add more as neede to stir fry all vegetables)
For Stir fry
Slice pork into strips, across the grain about 1 inch thick.
Stir pork into marinade and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
Add oil to wok or large frying pan over high high heat.
Stir fry the pork in small batches.
When meat is done, drain excess oil and remove to a large bowl.
Saute all vegetables in the order listed above (The order represents the time the vegetables will take to stir fry, the longest first) just for a few minutes each.
Drain and add to bowl with pork.
Add the garlic and ginger to the last batch of vegetables.
When all the vegetables are done,
Add the sauce ingredients to the wok and cook for about 2 minutes to thicken.
Add meat, cashews and vegetables back to the wok and stir to coat with sauce and reheat.
Serve immediately over rice.
- Prepare all ingredients before starting to cook.
- Cook vegetables crisp tender because they will continue to cook when dish is assembled.
- An authentic wok will required much less oil when it is fully seasoned.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- Best if not frozen.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 629mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4250IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2.1mg