Green Beans Almondine -Amadine
Green Beans Almondine has to be one of the easiest vegetables dishes to make! It is great for the holidays, because the green beans can be blanched the day before and then can be finished in a few minutes!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb green beans fresh are best, remove ends.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup almonds any almonds will work
Blanch green beans for 3 minutes or so.
If cooking later, place beans in ice water to cold shock them. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Then continue.
Add butter, almonds and green beans in pan over medium high heat. Watching carefully and turning often, so that the almonds do not burn.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Fresh green beans are definitely best. You can use frozen or canned, but fresh is best.
- A very hot pan is important to get a nice golden brown on the nuts.
- Reheat in microwave or in small frying pan.
- Leftovers can be kept 4 days, but they are best fresh.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 479IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg