The best thing about making quick breads in the fall and winter, besides the obvious, eating it, is that you get to turn the oven on and take the chill out of the air. At least in my drafty old farm house! ….Well there’s that and you can use up the fruits and vegetables that you froze all summer long. Then, of course, there’s the fact that you only make a 15 minute commitment to be slaving in the kitchen. Due to the fact that they are soooo easy to prepare!!! This Banana Zucchini Quick Bread is Moist and delicious!
We very rarely watch network TV anymore, because we find most of the shows inane. It’s just a Binge watch fest on Netflix or Amazon. Hence, we have gotten used to no commercials and not having to wait to see the next episode. I’m kind of obsessed with Scandal now. A few months ago we watched Mind of a Chef, which we really liked. I’m pretty sure it was there that we saw a pastry chef making banana cream pie. She said she never just used ripe bananas to make her pies. She used frozen ripe bananas because freezing the bananas brings out the sugars. I thought, gee, I’ve been doing that for years! Nice to get verification that you are doing things right from a professional!
You know how bananas get ripe so fast? Well don’t throw them away when they get too ripe, throw them in the freezer for the best banana baked goods in town!!
I also end up with a plethora of zucchini that I can’t use up fast enough so I grate them in the food processor and freeze them too! Before you use the zucchini in baked goods, thaw it thoroughly and drain it in a colander, squeezing it with the side of a large spoon.
Bare with me here, I’m just trying to learn how to use my new camera! Have to figure out how to eliminate the huge shadows and acquire some good lights!
Whether you like your quick breads with a pat of butter (my hubby) or straight up (me) this bread is to die for! My Kitchenaid mixer makes quick work of quick breads!
This is the moistest banana bread you will ever eat! Furthermore, if you have kids that won’t eat anything green, (my youngest) you can hide the zucchini. They will probably never know it’s in there, unless you tell them!! Do that when they are slightly older as a for instance. Such as, “But son, you eat the zucchini in the bread I make. The ratatouille is just like that!” 🙂 Here is great, savory Zucchini, Green Onion Cheesy Quick Bread, too!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are I use and enjoy and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Binky’s Culinary Carnival is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Banana Zucchini Bread
Easy, moist quick bread!
- Non Stick Spray to Coat Pans
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 very ripe , frozen and thawed bananas
- 1/2 c oil , canola, vegetable, etc.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 c shredded zucchini , drained and excess water removed
- 1/2 – 1c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Beat egg with mixer. Add sugar and beat until the mixture looks light and frothy.
- Add bananas, vanilla and oil and combine. Add cinnamon, combine again. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts and just mix until combined. Don’t over mix at this stage.
- Mix zucchini and nuts in by hand.
- Fill 2 standard sized bread pans that have been sprayed with non stick spray, or greased and floured.
- Bake breads about 1 hour until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place breads on a cooling rack and cool in pans at least 10 minutes. Then remove breads from pans. Cool completely or eat some warm!!! Can be frozen.
Originally Published 10/23/2016