Salmon balls are a great easy appetizer or serve them with for an entree with rice and crisp salad!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Canned salmon takes on whole new personality when it is made into a meatball! It could not be easier and they are delicious when served with this mock hollandaise sauce!
In recognition of National Meatball Day, we have this healthy appetizer video on YouTube! These are so very easy! They only take about 5 minutes to prepare, bake them for about 20 minutes, and enjoy for your next party! Another great way to enjoy slamon is this Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon!
Salmon Balls on YouTube!
- Drain salmon. Remove any bones, skin and fat and place in medium bowl.
- Grate onion and garlic directly over the bowl with salmon.
- Add dill, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, and lemon juice to bowl. Combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon, measure portions of salmon and form into balls.
- Place balls on slotted broiler pan or a cookie sheet with a cookie cooling rack placed on it.
- Once all meatballs are formed, bake for about 20 minutes. Increase oven to high broil, watching closely to brown the tops.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat.
- Serve with Salmon Balls on a bed of wilted spinach, if desired.
- Serve immediately.