This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.
Queso Fundido con Chorizo is such an easy, flavorful dip for chips or tortillas! Try this for your next party! You won’t be dissappointed if you are a fan of chorizo, as we are! This is my favorite cast iron pan to bake it in!
Queso Fundido con Chorizo
- 2 poblano chile peppers (I substituted 1 large jalepeno)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo casings removed (I used venison chorizo, that I had made. If you like the recipe, send me a comment and I'll post it. It is the BEST!)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lager
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups grated muenster cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the broiler. Put the poblanos on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a plate and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Scrape off the charred skin with a paring knife and remove the stems and seeds; chop the peppers and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions and poblanos and cook until the scallions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring to coat, 1 minute.
- Add the lager and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding more. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until browned and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with chips.
This recipe for Queso Fundido con Chorizo is from The Food Networks Kitchens. It was a big hit! I’ll definitely make it again. Here is the link for the original recipe; http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/queso-fundido-with-chorizo.html
Have fun cooking!