Chicken Alfredo is a delicious, cheesy, creamy meal for any night of the week! I make mine with almond or cashew milk which saves on calories and helps anyone who is lactose intolerant!
New YouTube Video! Chicken Alfredo
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 c Cashew Milk
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
- 2 1/2 c Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley , chopped plus more for garnish
- 3 Chicken Breasts , Boneless, Skinless
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp chicken base or 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 c water , if using base
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- For cheese sauce: Warm cashew milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour all at once. Cook for about 4 or five minutes until slightly bubbly.
- Stream in cashew milk. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Add cheese one large handful at a time. Melt in between additions.
- Let sauce thicken and once the sauce coats the back of the spoon, add the parsley.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brown Chicken in a large skillet coated with olive oil over high heat. Brown a few pieces at a time. Then remove to bowl and set aside.
- Heat water for pasta in a large pot over high heat. Once water boils, add salt.
- When all the chicken is browned, reduce heat and add garlic.
- When garlic is golden brown, add chicken base and water or chicken stock. Heat to a small boil and add browned chicken pieces. Heat chicken through.
- Incorporate Alfredo sauce into chicken mixture. Drain pasta when al dente, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking water and place back in large pot.
- Add Chicken, pasta water and Alfredo sauce and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately
Originally Published 3/7/2016
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.