Lobster in Phyllo Cups is an Elegant Appetizer that is perfect for your next dinner party. These Elegant Appetizers are very easy to make!
We are just crazy about this elegant appetizer! Lobster in Mini Phyllo Cups are not difficult but takes a bit of time to brown the mushrooms and onions!
These Elegant Appetizers are perfect for the holidays, dinner parties, or any time you need a delicious appetizer!
I posted the original recipe for Lobster Pastries in October. I saw that Athens Brand Phyllo Dough is running a recipe contest for Super Bowl Party Recipes using their Mini Shells. I’ve gotten a lot of positive response to these so I thought I would adapt this recipe to the Mini Shells.
They are nice little mouthfuls for a Super Bowl party. You may have to put a sign on them limiting the quantity that your guests can eat. Otherwise they will be gone before you know it!
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Other Elegant Appetizers on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
Tools I Use to Make These Elegant Appetizers -Lobster in Mini Phyllo Cups
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
Lobsteries Minis – Great for Super Bowl!
- 2/3 c chunk lobster
- 1 c Mushroom and Spinach duxelles
- 1/3 c gruyere , grated
- 1/3 c sharp cheddar
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 packages Athens Mini Phyllo Shells
For Mushroom Spinach Duxelles
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 c Onion
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 c mushrooms
- 6 c spinach
- For Spinach Mushroom Duxelles
- NOTE: This recipe makes a large batch. Easily freezes for another recipe, or cut down quantities accordingly.
- Slice 8 pieces of bacon fine. In a large, heavy bottom skillet, cook bacon on medium, breaking up pieces occasionally until lightly browned. Remove browned bacon with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towel.
- While bacon is cooking, finely dice onion and garlic. After removing bacon from pan, drain all the bacon grease from pan except approximately 1 Tablespoon. Add the butter to bacon grease and let melt. Then add onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add garlic and saute a few more minutes.
- While the onions and garlic are cooking, rough chop the mushrooms. Strip thyme leaves. Chop parsley and thyme. When onions are just starting to brown, add mushrooms. After 7 to 10 minutes, mushrooms will start to lose their juice. Turn heat up on burner to speed up evaporation of liquid. Once most of the liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are tender, add parsley and thyme. Cook along for a few more minutes.
- Add Spinach all at once. Turn over and stir just until spinach is slightly wilted. Immediately remove from heat.
- For Lobsteries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove Lobster from shells. Rough chop lobster.
- Grate Cheeses. NOTE I have tried this recipe with Swiss cheese rather than Gruyere and it holds no comparison. It is just not as good.
- Chop chives and thyme.
- Mix lobster, duxelles, cheeses, spices and mayonnaise together in a large bowl.
- Fill Athens Mini Phyllo Sheels with lobster filling.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until filling is hot and bubbly.
Originally Published 1/31/2015