This waffle recipe makes light and fluffy waffles, with a nice and crispy crust, yet easy to make! Purportedly JFK’s favorite breakfast!
Now whether you believe that Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis ever cooked a thing in her life, or not, this Waffle Recipe has been attributed to her, or JFK, in numerous publications. One thing to keep in mind is that the 1960’s were not the the two thousand teens. Most women at least knew how cook some things in those days. It was just what women did. Having seen all of the press that included Mrs. Kennedy, in those times, she was pressed and perfect, a fashion icon and very glamorous. However, chances are she did cook a few things here and there, at some point in her life.
These waffles are quite different than typical waffles, or Belgian waffles. They have 2 leavening agents. Quite a bit of baking powder and egg whites, that are whisked to stiff peaks. These two additions make these waffles unbelievably fluffy!
How to make Jackie Kennedy’s eggy waffle recipe
- Melt butter.
- Measure cornstarch
- Also, measure buttermilk, in liquid measuring cup.
- Measure dry ingrdients and place in bowl.
- Separate eggs and place egg yolks in large bowl.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl, large enough to wisk them.
- Add sugar to eggs. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients into sugar and egg well.
- Add buttermilk.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Cook in hot waffle maker until crispy on the outside and done on the inside.
Other delicious breakfast recipes
- Belgian Waffles
- Eggs Benedict
- Hash and Eggs
- Shrimp and Asparagus Quiche
- Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
Tools I use
Contains affiliate links, for full disclosure, see FTC Disclosure, here.
That’s how easy it is to make this Eggy Waffle Recipe. Thanks for stopping by today!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Jackie Kennedy’s Fluffy Waffle Recipe
- Melt butter.
- Measure sugar and buttermilk
- Sift flour and cornstarch. Mix in salt.
- Add sugar to egg yolks and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating until well combined.
- Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add baking powder and then immediately, and gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Cook on hot waffle iron until crust is crispy and inside is done and tender. Mine took about 7 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. See FTC Disclosure, here.