This Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries is the perfect, ridiculously easy appetizer for your next cook-out! Sweet from the strawberries, a bit of tart from the balsamic and so creamy.
It seems like it takes forever for strawberries to ripen in upstate NY! When they finally do, I try to make everything I can with them!
This Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries is my new go-to favorite, easy appetizer for Summer parties!
Everyone who has tried it just loves it!
How to Make Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries
- Mix brown sugar with balsamic vinegar.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. It should coat the back of a spoon. (Can be ahead)
- Next, toast the pecans in a dry cast or stainless pan, turning often, until fragrant . Don’t use non-stick because you will be using a dry pan, which ruins the non-stick pans.
- Dice strawberries fairly finely, then add toasted pecans.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze to the strawberries. Mix it up. Lastly, add the chopped basil.
- Place the wheel of brie on a piece of parchment paper set on top of aluminum foil. Make sure that the parchment is smaller than the foil, because it will burn.
- Grill over medium heat on the side of the grill that is not lit. (Indirect grill) Depending on your grill and the heat, it will take 10-15 minutes.
Top with strawberries and drizzle with a bit more balsamic. Serve with toasted bagette (I toasted the bagette on the grill) or cracker of your choice.
I encourage you to try this Grilled Brie Appetizer with Balsamic Strawberries for your next party! Your guests will be rightly impressed and you will not be slaving over a complicated appetizer!
Try these other recipes with strawberries
I hope you enjoyed this recipe today!
Leave me a comment down below, what is your favorite easy appetizer?
Sign up below for the BCC mailing list so that you don’t miss any of the new recipes!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Originally published 6/26/2018
Grilled Brie Recipe & Balsamic Strawberries
- Add balsamic and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Over high heat, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes. This makes more than you will need. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator and use for salads, veges, etc.
- Toast pecans in dry cast or stainless pan on both sides. Rough chop toasted pecans.
- Mix strawberries, pecans and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze. Add basil just before serving.
- Place brie wheel on a sheet of parchment paper that is resting on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so, until, when cheese is poked, you can feel the inside is thoroughly melted.
- Top with strawberries and drizzle with additional balsamic glaze.