This Foolproof Cheese Sauce Recipe, is so delicious! This sauce is great for mac and cheese, alfredos and a plethora of other great dishes!
Check out our video for Easy Foolproof Cheese Sauce on Youtube! This Cheese Sauce is easy and so versatile! The list of delicious recipes you can make with this cheese sauce, is just enormous! See a list below of great recipes!
My son was home from school in California for a month. It was so nice to have him back home! We all miss him so much! We dropped him off at the Rochester NY airport just as it was beginning to freezing rain. After 5 or 6 hours of delays, he finally got back to California safely, (I write with tears in my eyes)!
While he was here, he twisted my arm and convinced me that having a presence on Youtube was important! Since he had all of the equipment to get started, we gave it a try! To be perfectly honest, I would have spent 3 more days editing it but he convinced me that for my first video it was good. I hope you agree! Let me know what you think! The next video will be the Chicken Alfredo we made with the Cheese Sauce.
Other Delicious Recipes to use with this Foolproof Cheese Sauce, on Binky’s Culinary Carnival
- Stacked Enchiladas
- White Lasagna
- Burritos with Leyden Cheese Sauce
- Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower au Gratin
Don’t forget to sign up to my newsletter, so that you don’t miss any new recipes! Only 1 email per week, on Fridays! Sign up form is below!
For Alfredo Sauce
- Warm milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in the flour all at once. Cook for about 4 or five minutes until slightly bubbly.
- Stream in milk. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Add cheese one large handful at a time. Melt in between additions.
- Let sauce thicken and once the sauce coats the back of the spoon, add the parsley.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brown Chicken in a large skillet coated with olive oil over high heat. Brown a few pieces at a time. Then remove to bowl and set aside.
- Heat water for pasta in a large pot over high heat. Once water boils, add salt.
- When all the chicken is browned, reduce heat and add garlic.
- When garlic is golden brown, add chicken base and water or chicken stock. Heat to a small boil and add browned chicken pieces. Heat chicken through.
- Incorporate Alfredo sauce into chicken mixture. Drain pasta when al dente, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking water and place back in large pot.
- Add Chicken, pasta water and Alfredo sauce and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Originally Published 2/21/2016
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.