Who doesn’t love quick breads? I mean seriously, they are super tasty and, oh yea, quick! This Banana Blueberry Quick Bread has less sugar because the bananas are so sweet!
The key to baking with ripe bananas is to freeze them first!! The sugars in the banana really intensify and you can use less processed sugar. The other benefit to freezing them is that the bread is ultra moist and delicious! If you have been following me for any legth of time, you will notice that I do not bake too often. It’s not that I don’t mind baking but mostly because I don’t want to EAT all of the goodies!
Once in a while, I like to treat the boys, and quick breads are so easy, it’s my go to choice! There are quite a few quick breads on BCC, this Black Forest Banana Bread is a favorite (of course, because it is chocolate!) This Peach Pecan Quick Bread I made for Silk® Milks is super moist and tasty, as well.
This summer, a friend called and asked if I wanted to go pick his blueberries because he was moving the next day. I came up with about 10 quarts of blueberries for free! Score! I froze many of them whole, so I have lots of blueberries in the freezer. What better way to use some of them than quick bread?
Making Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
The key to using frozen items in baked goods is that the they must be thawed thouroughly to room temperature. If you don’t thaw them your baked goods will rise when baking and then promptly fall as they cool. So make sure that you thaw completely!
The reason I love making quick breads is because you literally just measure everything and throw it in your mixer to combine. It really couldn’t be easier!
Due to my background in horticulture, I had several readers request a tutorial on Vegetable Gardening. So if you have interest in the subject, these posts are packed full of information about how to get that big harvest by the end of the season! Don’t miss my How to Start a Garden Series! The first part is Planning Your Garden! Second is Preparing the Garden Site. The third is Choosing Plants and Planting Your Garden. The fourth is Garden Maintenance, and the last is Harvesting a Garden and Preserving the Harvest, this post has over 100 FREE recipes for preserving your harvest!
I hope you love the recipe for Banana Blueberry Quick Bread as much as we do!! What is your favorite flavor quick bread? Leave me comment down below!
Enjoy! And have fun cooking!
Banana Blueberry Quick Bread
- Non stick spray to spray pans
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 bananas, very ripe, preferably frozen and thawed
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Beat egg with mixer. Add sugar and beat until the mixture looks light and frothy.
- Add bananas, vanilla and oil and combine. Add cinnamon, combine again.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts and just mix until combined. Don’t over mix at this stage.
- Toss blueberries with about 1 Tbsp flour so that they don't float. Mix blueberries in by hand.
- Fill 2 standard sized bread pans that have been sprayed with non stick spray, or greased and floured.
- Bake breads about 1 hour until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place breads on a cooling rack and cool in pans at least 10 minutes. Then remove breads from pans. Cool completely or eat some warm!!! Can be frozen.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click the link and purchase something. See FTC Disclosure, here.