Queso Fundido con Chorizo is such an easy, flavorful dip for chips or tortillas! Try this for your next party! You won’t be dissappointed if you are a fan of chorizo, as we are!
Queso Fundido con Chorizo
Easy, spicy Mexican dip for your next party!
- 2 poblano chile peppers (I substituted 1 large jalepeno)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo , casings removed (I used venison chorizo, that I had made. If you like the recipe, send me a comment and I'll post it. It is the BEST!)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lager
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups grated muenster cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Tortilla chips , for serving
- Preheat the broiler. Put the poblanos on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a plate and let steam until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Scrape off the charred skin with a paring knife and remove the stems and seeds; chop the peppers and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions and poblanos and cook until the scallions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring to coat, 1 minute.
- Add the lager and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the cheese, a handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding more. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until browned and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with chips.
This recipe for Queso Fundido con Chorizo is from The Food Networks Kitchens. It was a big hit! I’ll definitely make it again. Here is the link for the original recipe; http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/queso-fundido-with-chorizo.html
Have fun cooking!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are I use and enjoy and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Binky’s Culinary Carnival is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.