Rye Bread for the Bread Maker literally takes 5 minutes to put together and is so much tastier than store bought!
Rye Bread For the Slow Cooker
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/3 c. warm water
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. rye flour
- 3 c. white bread flour
- 1/4 c. gluten
- 1 Tbs. caraway seed
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in Bread Machine in the order given. Water should be between 105°F and 110°F so I usually make sure the water is at least 115°F because it will cool down when you are putting the rest of the ingredients together.
- I never cook the bread in the bread maker because I hate the shape of loaf and the paddle hole ruins the appearance so I place the bread maker on the ‘dough only’ setting.
- When the dough is finished, remove it to a bowl, coated with oil and roll dough around. Cut the dough in half and shape into loaves.
- With the seam side down, place each half in an oiled 5″x 9″ loaf pan. cover with a dry kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until loaves have risen to the top of the bread pans.
- Once bread has risen place in the center of a preheated 350°F oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature is approximately 190°F.
All recipes @copyright Binky's Culinary Carnival 2017