Fra Diavolo is one of the tastiest Italian dishes on the planet! I’ve been making this recipe for many years with Shrimp but this Seafood Medley Fra Diavolo with Scallops, Shrimp and Clams make this version extra special!
Our YouTube Video will take you the process of making this classic Italian dish step by step!
Have fun cooking!
- about 2 dozen whole clams
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (might require a bit more if pan becomes dry)
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled
- 3/4 lb. large scallops
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 35 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 3/4 c. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced plus a bit for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb. pasta of your choice
- 3/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot with a small amount of boiling water, steam clams just until they open. Remove immediately and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook, stirring once until just cooked through (pink). About 1 minute per side. Transfer a plate and set aside.
- Add scallops and brown on both sides, about 1.5 minutes per side. Transfer to the plate and set aside.
- Turn pan back down to medium. Add garlic and shallots to skillet and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Turn heat back up to medium high.
- Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine, basil, parsley and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally and reducing heat if liquid starts to boil too rapidly, until cherry tomatoes are soft and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat until just tender, Drain, reserving 1/4 c. pasta water.
- Add parsley, pepper flakes, pasta, pasta water, and seafood to skillet and toss well.
- Serve immediately.